I have a confession to make… I’ve been somewhat lazy in my blog commenting lately as well as releasing this post. Normally I try to comment on all my favorite PF blogs throughout the week, but the last 3 weeks have been brutal on my time and I’ve found it difficult to find time to post comments on all the great blogs out there… me so sorry. However, I am devising a strategy to fix this by setting up a task list that contains certain blogs on certain days that I will visit and comment on – so we’ll see how this strategy works out.
Even this post has come somewhat late, as I was planning to post this at the end of December. Because of this, I’ve actually included a number of January ‘great reads’ in the list – but I’m sure no one cares but me. So even though I call this post “Great Reads of the Month”, it is really great reads over the last 4 weeks. I hope you enjoy.
Below are the blogs I follow and some great reads I think will entertain you. I’m always amazed at the quantity of writing talent out there. I know all these blogs will be successful one day – as long as they don’t hit the ‘burn out’ wall. (Which is what usually kills most great blogs…) So if any of these blogs are unfamiliar to you, please check them out – I’m confident you will enjoy their writing skill.
Great Reads of the Month – 3rd edition
- Frugal Rules | 4 Helpful Free Investment Tools
- Frugal Rules | Why I don’t do New Year’s Resolutions (I can understand...)
- Club Thrifty | Credit Card Churning – Year in Review
- Club Thrifty | Can you Afford to Live until You’re 90?
- Monster Piggy Bank | Get Smart About Money – 6 Easy Steps
- Monster Piggy Bank | Using Coupons to Save Money
- See Debt Run | How to Stop Biting Your Nails
- See Debt Run | Pay of Debt & Get Rock Hard Abs (Both are pretty cool)
- Making Sense of Cents | Ways to Earn Extra Income (definite read)
- Making Sense of Cents | Dreaming of the Future
- Modest Money | Using Banks to Help Finance Your Business
- Modest Money | Paying for Self Employment Income Tax Year Round
- Eyes on the Dollar | Options for Diversifying your Investments
- Eyes on the Dollar | 4 Money Savings Solutions (I love saving $)
- Blue Collar Workman | Know when it’s Time to Quit Your Job
- Blue Collar Workman | Surprises While Fixing a Covered Bridge
- Reach Financial Independence | 13 Money Resolutions for 2013 – Stop Wasting Money
- Reach Financial Independence | 13 Money Resolutions for 2013 – Trim the Fat!!
- Average Joe’s Money Blog | Stock Market Punishment – First Lesson of 2013
- Average Joe’s Money Blog | 5 Savings Tips you Wish Someone Had Told you Earlier
- The Savvy Scot | 10 Things that Changed the World This Decade
- The Frugal Path | Money Mistakes I Made over the Last Decade (been there)
- My Money Design | 403b vs. 401k
- My Money Design | Management Skill List – Do you have what it Takes?
- One Smart Dollar | Best Time to Buy – Just About Anything
- One Smart Dollar | How to Vet a Charity
- iHeartBudgets | Budgeting Info-graphic (This is very cool!)
- iHeartBudgets | 5 Reasons to Start a Budget for 2013
- Financial Samurai | Manage your 401k Better This Year
- Financial Samurai | Answer that Interview Question – What is your Biggest Weakness
- Work Save Live | 4 Easy Debt Reduction Strategies Explained
- Work Save Live | Consider these 5 Things when Creating a Will
Bring in the New Year with a Smile
Now, January has already stated so I can’t leave you a video to bring in the new year with a smile (like I usually do) – but I hope this video brings you a smile for the “new week” instead.
It comes from one of my favorite movies… sometimes I will remember this clip in random locations and I’ll proceed to break out smirking while others look at me like a moron. (I laugh just thinking about it) The look on Chris Farley’s face when he grabs his hair is hilarious!
Anyhow, you now know how immature I am – but I do hope it gives you a smile and you have a great weekend enjoying these fantastic posts.
Cheers – Jason